Monday, March 7, 2011
RAW's # 9 & 10
Sterling silver, fine silver, copper, garnet, white cubic zirconia, leather. Fabricated, soldered. Surprisingly, not patinated.
There's a little piece of gilded green leather from my Mother's jewelry box under the CZ. You can't see it in the picture, and you can't see it in person.
• Jump rings make great risers for low stones/high bezel walls.
• Fabrication is fussy. But so is metal clay.
• Waiting until I have time to fulfill my original intention (of practicing my soldering skills) is much more satisfying than just throwing together something so I can post on time.
• Taking a photo with no reflection of the photographer is a bitch.
• Someone I know is in desperate need of a manicure.