Instead of making New Year resolutions (which always get broken before March 1st), I'm going to take Christine Kane's advice and choose a word to define my intention for 2011. This year my word is RISK. And I'm going to start right now. I've never made a list of my accomplishments in the previous year before. And I'm not actually doing it now to toot my horn for you. I'm doing it to show myself that the world was very generous to me in 2010. Thanks for indulging me a bit.
In no particular order -
1. My work was featured in gorgeous ads from PMC Connection and Whole Lotta Whimsy.
2. I was asked to be a juror for The PMC Guild Annual.
3. My work was featured in The PMC Guild Annual for the 4th time.
4. I was contacted by Lark Books to be a part of a book based on the Ring A Day project.
5. I was asked to be a part of a RAD exhibition for the SNAG conference in Seattle in 2012 and the subsequent show at Punch Gallery.
6. I was asked to become the first Artistic Advisor for PMC Connection.
7. I created a blog for PMC Connection called CornerStone.
|Some of my RAD rings|
8. I was asked to be one of the 10 inaugural artists for Whole Lotta Whimsy's Master Muse team.
9. I was able to get through 3 straight months making one ring a day.
10. My work was featured on the official postcard for the 25th anniversary of the Contemporary Crafts Market in Santa Monica, California.
11. I was asked to join the Board of Advisors for Metal Clay Artist Magazine.
12. A project propsal of mine was accepted and will be published in Larks' 30 Minute Rings this spring.
I've definitely had my challenges this year too. But reading this list reminds me to savor the sweet gifts from the universe that I've been given. Happy 2011.