Tuesday, January 25, 2011
• Brass is much more difficult to solder than copper
• 18g brass is a bear!
• When piercing, slow and steady wins the race. I'm really proud that my oval needed almost no filing to perfect the shape.
• When forming gallery wire, a jig is really handy. I'm also really proud that the gallery wire outer bezel fit like a glove.
• The little torch rocks for making little balls on both sides!!
• Cleaning and polishing the inside of a double bezel is really difficult. Any tips out there?
• When setting a 3D object, having a heatless wheel to grind the back flat is fabulous.
• When doing something that is really above your skill set, be really happy with your successes and realize that the next one will be even better.