Monday, January 17, 2011
RAW 3# - Caught in a Trap
Metal Clay, fine silver, carved shell, cubic zirconia cabochon. Made during a class taught.
Lessons learned (and remembered after the fact):
• Items made during a class are never as finely finished as I would have liked.
• Two thin shanks joined together create a wide shank.
• Wide shanks need to be made a size larger to fit comfortably.
• A hammer handpiece might be fun to play with. If it weren't so expensive.
• A hand carved item will never be symmetrical.
• It does no good to stress about an off center setting. Tell them that's what you *meant* to do.