(Does anyone within sight of this blog remember that series? I've been singing the first two lines of the theme song for years.)
We're all ready for it, the media is hyping it, blogs are pushing it. But Mother Nature is oversleeping. And who can blame her with all this dreary weather? Wait - it's all her fault that spring hasn't sprung yet!
"Growth" by Gillian Smith
Maybe it's time to give her a little nudge. Apartment Therapy is starting it's annual Spring Cure today and I think I'm gonna try to play along. I have a laundry list of chores that need to be tackled in my Tiny Ass Apartment. I've been a real potato for much too long. Do you think if I embarrass myself by listing the tasks that need to be accomplished that I'll actually take care of them? Let's see. Wanna place bets? Here we go:
1. Do laundry in a timely manner. Two loads tonight and the rest tomorrow or Wednesday. √
2. Clean the kitchen in a timely manner (I live alone). Wash all dishes and dump trash tonight. √
3. Tidy bedroom each day. Start tomorrow morning. (I'm writing this Monday night) √
Okay, those are all things that will definitely help me get started. I know that they're all chores that should be done every single day. Millions of people do it. I just can't seem to get the hang of keeping things looking good.
4. Donate, gift or otherwise dispose of my Mother's clothes. She passed in 1978 and of course I saved some of my favorite outfits and accessories as mementos. But they've been bagged or boxed up for so many years - I'm afraid to try and figure out just *how* many.
5. Paint said TAA (tiny ass apartment). I've lived here for over 20 years and have never painted. But I've re arranged furniture and paintings many, many times. You can imagine what the walls must look like.
6. Sell, gift or donate my Mother's Winfield set of beige and green Bamboo china - re-read explanation #4. Any takers? I'll probably try to sell it first. Maybe.
7. Go through other mementos that are boxed and stored. I've done this many times in the past and have really pared down. I might actually be down to the last bits and baubles that I really do want to hang on to. But there's no harm in looking again.
"This Light" by Gillian Smith
8. Frame art. I traded with a Flickr friend for two lovely original drawings a year ago. They're still in the wrapping they came in and put away to make sure I don't wreck them with my slovenliness. That was a smart thing to do. : )
9. Slip cover the couch cushion. I have a sheet wrapped around it now. It's white and I eat on the couch. 'Nuff said.
10. Get window screens fixed. Kittens! Get my drift?
I think that's enough, don't you? Enough for my home life that is. My work life? Don't make me contemplate that! I think I'll save it for another day. Oh, goody! Something to look forward to Scarlett. >: \