Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy Work


I've been a busy bee today. I'm really enjoying making these hollow rings. The Parapet Ring was my first, made for an exhibition when I was just entering my confinement.



I decided to make two more designs and I finished this one today. The second had a little tear/split during firing so I'm oil pasting it together and will re-fire tonight.



This one feels really good on and I can't decide whether to keep it for myself or not. It's a perfect size 8. Looks wonderful on my middle finger.

 
This method of making rings may be habit forming. Think I should be worried?

7 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

OMG! That's incredibly beautiful! I'm really enjoying your blog, which I've newly discovered.

Lora ~ said...

Thanks for the compliment on the ring. I'm really happy with it too. And I'm really glad to know you're enjoying the blog.

Catherine said...

I don't think you should be worried. It's perfect. Just make more.

Catherine

Angela said...

Beautiful and elegant. Love that curve !

paisleydragonfly said...

Your work is lovely! I'm just a beginner with metal clay and love to find new, inspiring artists.

Denise

Tamra said...

Keep it! I would! It's gorgeous (I still haven't forgotten about the bracelet...).

Lora ~ said...

What ya wanna trade for it? I'm imagining it on my wrist right now. Go get your hammer.